The biggest Cricket Stadium in the World is going to host the last two games of IPL 2023. Gujarat Titans will face Mumbai Indians and the winner will book the ticket to face CSK in the final. Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad has a seating capacity of over 1 lakh people and both upcoming games are going to be houseful. Meanwhile, fantasy players are keen to know key stats of Ahmedabad Cricket Stadium such as pitch report, T20 records and the last IPL match scorecard at the venue. In this space, we are providing facts and stats regarding Narendra Modi Stadium aka Motera Cricket Ground.
Ahmedabad has hosted 7 home games of GT this season. However, Hardik Pandya-led side has enjoyed more success on away grounds than their home venue. This year, Gujarat Titans have lost 3 out of 7 home games while they have lost only one match out of 7 away league games. Although, Gujarat Titans are familiar with Narendra Modi Stadium and they have beaten the MI side here this season.
Narendra Modi Stadium Ahmedabad IPL 2023 Records
The first three games in Ahmedabad this season were won by the chasing side, however, no target has been chased in the last four games here.
- Total IPL matches played: 7
- Matches won by the team batting first: 4
- Matches won by the team batting second: 3
- Highest team score while batting first: GT – 227/2 (20) vs LSG
- Lowest team score while batting first: DC – 130/8 (20) vs GT
- Biggest total chased: KKR chased 204 vs GT
- Lowest Score Defended: DC defended 130 vs GT
- Ahmedabad Cricket Stadium average first innings score in IPL 2023: 187
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Sunil Narine (KKR) – 3/33 vs GT
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Bhuvneshwar Kumar (SRH) – 5/30 vs GT
- Highest score by a batsman: Shubman Gill (GT) – 101(58) vs SRH
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 27 in 7 games (4 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 61 in 7 games (8.7 wickets per match)
Ahmedabad Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
The pitch of Narendra Modi Stadium, Ahmedabad has remained batting-friendly throughout IPL 2023. However, the surface provides help to pacers in the initial overs of the innings. The track provides good pace and bounce and limited assistance to spinners. Pacers take most of the wickets in this venue usually during power-play and in death overs. Batters need to settle their feet in initial overs in the Ahmedabad Stadium pitch if they succeed then the runs can come easily.
Ahmedabad Stadium Last IPL Match Scorecard
The last match at the venue was played between GT and SRH. After winning the toss, Aiden Markram opted to bowl but the decision backfired as Gill and Sudhaesan put on a mammoth 147-run partnership for the 2nd wicket. But as the 2nd wicket fell, no other batter could manage to reach a double-digit mark. In the end, Gt who were heading to a 200-plus score were restricted to 188.
While chasing, SRH faced early blows and only Henrich Klassen was standing on one end while the wickets were falling on the other end. SRH could score only 154 and thus GT won this game by 34 runs. Interestingly, 17 wickets were taken by pacers in this match while spinners got no wickets.
|GT : 188-9 (20)||SRH : 154-9 (20)|
|Shubman Gill : 101(58)||Henrich Klassen : 64(44)|
|Sai Sudharsan : 47(36)||Bhuvneshwar Kumar : 27(26)|
|Dasun Shanaka : 9(7)||Mayank Markande : 18*(9)|
|Bhuvneshwar Kumar : 4 – 0 – 30 – 5||Mohammed Shami : 4 – 0 – 20 – 4|
|Fazalhaq Farooqi : 3 – 0 – 31 – 1||Mohit Sharma : 4 – 0 – 28 – 4|
|T Natarajan : 4 – 0 – 34 – 1||Yash Dayal : 4 – 0 – 31 – 1|