After facing defeat against Lucknow Super Giants in their first match of the season, Delhi Capitals will now play in their home ground on Tuesday. Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi will host its home team after a gap of 4 years. Although, the venue hosted 4 matches of the IPL 2022 season, Delhi didn’t play any of them. Meanwhile, fantasy game players are also looking for the stats of Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi such as pitch report, IPL records and the last T20 match scorecard at the ground. In this space, you can check key information about Delhi Cricket Stadium.
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi was previously known as Feroz Shah Kotla Stadium. It is one of the oldest Cricket venues in India having hosted its first international match in 1948. Delhi Stadium has hosted 35 Tests and 27 ODIs to date. While it has a history of 7 T20I matches. As far as IPL is concerned, 79 matches of the league have been played here. This year, the venue will host 7 home games of the Delhi Capitals franchise.
Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi T20I Records
The first-ever T20 international game here was played in 2016 between England and Afghanistan which was a T20 World Cup match. A total of 4 matches of the tournament were played here in 2016. After that, Arun Jaitley Stadium hosted 3 T20 matches of India in 2017, 2019, and the most recent in 2022.
- Total T20I matches played: 7
- Matches won by the team batting first: 3
- Matches won by the team batting second: 4
- Highest team score while batting first: India – 211/4 (20) vs South Africa, 2022
- Lowest team score while batting first: Sri Lanka – 120/10 (19.3) vs South Africa, 2016
- Biggest total chased: South Africa chased 211 vs India, in 2022
- Lowest Score Defended: England defended 142 vs Afghanistan, in 2016
- Arun Jaitley Stadium, Delhi average score in T20I: 164
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Mohammad Nabi – 2/17 vs England, 2016
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Chris Jordan – 4/28 vs Sri Lanka, 2016
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 31 in 7 games (4.4 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 36 in 7 games (5.1 wickets per match)
- Highest score by a batsman: Shikhar Dhawan – 80(52) vs New Zealand, 2017
Delhi Cricket Stadium IPL Records (2019-21)
Arun Jaitley Stadium is hosting IPL games since the inception of the league. The venue last hosted four IPL games in 2021 while before this 7 matches of Delhi Capitals were played here in the 2019 season. So, here we are giving the stats of these two seasons as the latest IPL records will give a clear picture of the Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi pitch report.
- Total IPL matches played (2019-2021): 11
- Matches won by the team batting first: 3
- Matches won by the team batting second: 7
- Matches tied/went to Super Over: 1
- Highest team score while batting first: RR – 220/3 (20) vs SRH, 2021
- Lowest team score while batting first: RR – 115/9 (20) vs DC, 2019
- Biggest total chased: MI chased 218 vs CSK, in 2021
- Lowest Score Defended: MI defended 168 vs DC, in 2019
- Delhi Cricket Stadium average score in IPL (2019-2021): 170
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Amit Mishra (DC) – 3/17 vs RR, 2019
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Mustafizur Rahman (RR) – 3/20 vs SRH, 2021
- Highest score by a batsman: Jos Buttler (RR) – 124(64) vs SRH, 2021
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 49 in 11 games (4.4 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 63 in 11 games (5.7 wickets per match)
Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi Pitch Report
Recently, the pitches of Feroz Shah Kotla have remained batting-friendly. It’s a great surface for the batters and in the 2021 season, 2 out of 4 games, the teams who batted first crossed the 200-run mark. Even a 218-run target was chased by Mumbai Indians vs CSK on the Delhi pitch in 2021.
Some grass was present on the Delhi pitch during IPL 2021 matches. This was the reason, the role of spinners was limited here in recent fixtures. During IPL 2021, spinners were getting only 4-5 overs per innings. The team who will bat first here needs to put 170+ on the board unless chasing is going to be easy at Delhi ground.
IPL 2023 Matches in Delhi
Arun Jaitley Stadium Delhi will host 7 games this year. Seven IPL franchises excluding LSG and RR will tour Delhi to play against DC. This year, the stadium is going to host only one afternoon game.
|4 April||DC vs GT||7:30 PM|
|11 April||DC vs MI||7:30 PM|
|20 April||DC vs KKR||7:30 PM|
|29 April||DC vs SRH||3:30 PM|
|6 May||DC vs RCB||3:30 PM|
|13 May||DC vs PBKS||7:30 PM|
|20 May||DC vs CSK||3:30 PM|
Delhi Stadium Last IPL Match Scorecard
The last IPL match at the venue was played between Rajasthan Royals and Sunrisers Hyderabad in 2021. RR put on a mammoth 220-run total on the board all thanks to Jos Buttler’s 124-run knock. SRH side could score only 165 runs in reply.
|RR : 220-3 (20)||SRH : 165-8 (20)|
|Jos Buttler : 124(64)||Manish Pandey : 31(20)|
|Sanju Samson : 48(33)||Jonny Bairstow : 30(21)|
|Riyan Parag : 15*(8)||Kane Williamson : 20(21)|
|Rashid Khan : 4 – 0 – 24 – 1||Mustafizur Rahman : 4 – 0 – 20 – 3|
|Vijay Shankar : 3 – 0 – 42 – 1||Chris Morris : 4 – 0 – 29 – 3|
|Sandeep Sharma : 4 – 0 – 50 – 1||Kartik Tyagi : 4 – 0 – 32 – 1|