County Ground Chelmsford is going to host Essex vs Somerset match on Monday. 40 more league games have left in this T20 Blast season and after which the league will reach the knock-out stage. Essex and Somerset both are having a good run so far and tonight’s game is going to be the 10th match of the season for both. Here, we are talking about the County Ground Chelmsford pitch report, T20 records and weather forecast during ESS vs SOM match.
With 14 points, Somerset is currently the table topper of South Group while with the same number of points Essex is sitting at no.3. If Somerset wins today, they will remain the table toppers but if Essex bags two points beating Somerset they will jump from no.3 to top position. Remind you that both teams have 5 more games left to play this season, so every game is going to be crucial from here.
County Ground Chelmsford is Essex’s home ground. Tonight it will host 5th of the 7 games which are scheduled to play this T20 Blast season. In the previous 4 games, chasing sides have enjoyed success here.
Chelmsford T20 Blast 2023 Records
- Total matches played: 4
- Matches won by the team batting first: 1
- Matches won by the team batting second: 3
- Highest team score while batting first: Hampshire – 214/8 (20) vs Essex
- Lowest team score while batting first: Sussex – 147/10 (19.3) vs Essex
- Biggest total chased: Essex chased 195 vs Gloucestershire
- Lowest Score Defended: Hampshire defended 215 vs Essex (96/10)
- Chelmsford Cricket Ground average 1st innings score in T20 Blast 2023: 182
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Liam Dawson (Hampshire) – 4/21 vs Essex
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Sam Cook (Essex) – 4/20 vs Sussex
- Highest score by a batsman: James Vince (Hampshire) – 103(48) vs Essex
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 22 in 4 games (Avergae 5.5 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 35 in 4 games (Avergae 8.7 wickets per match)
- Essex record at Chelmsford in T20 Blast 2023: Played – 4, Won – 3, Lost – 1
County Ground Chelmsford Pitch Report
The pitch at Chelmsford is good for batting. However, bowlers get help off the surface during the initial overs but as the match progresses the deck settles. Spinners will have a role to play during ESS vs SOM match. Essex’s batting all-rounder Matthew Critchley who bowls off-spin has bagged 5 wickets in 3 games at County Ground Chelmsford. A team will prefer to bowl first in Chelmsford as the chasing sides have tasted success more often here.
Chelmsford Weather Forecast
It’s a warm day at Chelmsford with more clouds than the sun. As per Accuweather, there is 25% chance of rain today. However, the chances remain only 7% during ESS vs SOM match. So, we will definitely get to see the cricketing action tonight with a result.