Indian Premier League is back to arguably the most beautiful Cricket Stadium in the world. Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala is going to host IPL matches after 9 years. The final two home games of Punjab Kings are scheduled to play in this venue. Meanwhile, fantasy lovers across the country are eager to know the key stats of HPCA Dharamshala such as pitch report, IPL records and last T20 match scorecard here. In this space, you can check information about Dharamshala Cricket Stadium which you may find helpful.
The venue is located in Dharamshala city of Kangra district in Himachal Pradesh. It is a hillside city and a major tourist attraction in Kangra. Talking about the Stadium’s history, it was established in 2003 and the first IPL match here was played in 2010. Later, Dharamshala Cricket Stadium got International status in 2013 with an ODI match between India and England.
Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala T20I Records
So far, Dharamshala Cricket Stadium has hosted 10 international T20 matches most of which were 2016 T20 World Cup games. The first-ever T20I at the venue was played between India and South Africa in 2015 and after that Men in Blue toured Dharamshala two more times to play the shortest format.
- Total T20I matches played: 10
- Matches won by the team batting first: 4
- Matches won by the team batting second: 4
- No result: 2
- Highest team score while batting first: India – 199/9 (20) vs South Africa, 2015
- Biggest total chased: South Africa chased 199 vs India, in 2015
- Lowest Score Defended: New Zealand defended 142 vs Australia in 2016
- HPCA Stadium Dharamshala average score in T20I: 165
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Shakib Al Hasan (BAN) – 4/15 vs Oman, 2016
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Paul van Meekeren (NED) – 4/11 vs Ireland, 2016
- Total wickets taken by spinners:29 in 8 games (3.6 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 50 in 8 games (6.2 wickets per match)
- Highest score by a batsman: Rohit Sharma – 106(79) vs South Africa, 2016
Dharamshala Cricket Stadium IPL Records
HPCA Cricket Stadium has hosted 9 IPL games to date. In 2013, the venue hosted two games of Punjab Kings (then Kings XI Punjab) and since then the ground didn’t witness any game of the league.
- Total IPL matches played: 9
- Matches won by the team batting first: 5
- Matches won by the team batting second: 4
- Highest team score while batting first: Punjab Kings – 232/2 (20) vs RCB, 2011
- Lowest team score while batting first: CSK – 120/7 (20) vs PBKS, 2012
- Biggest total chased: CSK chased 192 vs PBKS, 2010
- Lowest Score Defended: PBKS defended 170 vs DC, in 2013
- Dharamshala Cricket Stadium average 1st innings score in IPL: 176
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Amit Mishra (Deccan) – 4/9 vs PBKS, 2011
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Morne Morkel (DC) – 4/20 vs PBKS, 2012
- Highest score by a batsman: Adam Gilchrist – 106(55) vs RCB, 2011
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 30 in 9 games (3.3 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 72 in 9 games (8 wickets per match)
HPCA Stadium Dharamshala Pitch Report
The pitch of Dharamshala Cricket Stadium generally favors pacers. It is considered a surface where a team would want to bat first and put 170+ on board. Chasing in Dharamshala has been tough in the previous IPL games. Spinners may play their part in the middle overs in the upcoming IPL 2023 matches.
IPL 2023 Matches in Dharamshala
This year, Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharamsala will host two games. Delhi Capitals and Rajasthan Royals will tour here to play against Punjab Kings.
|17 May||PBKS vs DC||7:30 PM|
|19 May||PBKS vs RR||7:30 PM|
Dharamshala Stadium Last T20 Match Scorecard
The last match in Dharamshala was played between India and Sri Lanka in February 2022. Indian pacers gave early blows to the visiting side and managed to restrict them to 146. There was no scoreboard pressure, thus, India chased the target with 19 balls left to bowl.
|Sri Lanka : 146-5 (20)||India : 148-4 (16.5)|
|Dasun Shanaka : 74*(38)||Shreyas Iyer : 73*(45)|
|Dinesh Chandimal : 22(27)||Ravindra Jadeja : 22*(15)|
|Chamika Karunaratne : 12*(19)||Deepak Hooda : 21(16)|
|Avesh Khan : 4 – 1 – 23 – 2||Lahiru Kumara : 3.5 – 0 – 39 – 2|
|Mohammed Siraj : 4 – 0 – 22 – 1||Dushmantha Chameera : 3 – 0 – 19 – 1|
|Harshal Patel : 4 – 0 – 29 – 1||Chamika Karunaratne : 3.4 – 0 – 31 – 1|