The last two T20 games of the West Indies vs India series are scheduled to play in USA’s Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida. It is the first-ever international Cricket Stadium in the USA and is hosting games since 2010. Ahead of the IND vs WI game, fans are keen to know stats of the venue such as Lauderhill Florida Cricket Stadium pitch report, T20 records and the last T20 match scorecard. Here you can check the key facts and stats of Florida Cricket Stadium.
Florida Cricket Stadium History
With a seating capacity of 20,000, Central Broward Regional Park Stadium Turf Ground, Lauderhill, Florida was the only dedicated cricket stadium in the United States of America until Major League Cricket built two new venues. However, it has also hosted other sports like Soccer and American Rules Football.
India’s upcoming cricket match in Lauderhill, Florida is not their first visit to the stadium. The very first time, they played there under the captaincy of MS Dhoni in 2016. India has participated in a total of 6 T20I matches at the Lauderhill Florida Cricket Stadium, all against West Indies. Impressively, India has won their last 4 matches at this venue, making it a fortunate ground for them.
Lauderhill Cricket Stadium Records
So far, 14 T20I games have been played in Florida cricket ground and most of the time batting first sides have enjoyed success here.
- Total T20I matches played: 14
- Matches won by the team batting first: 11
- Matches won by the team batting second: 2
- Highest team score while batting first: West Indies – 245/6 (20) vs India, 2016
- Lowest score while batting first: New Zealand – 81/10 (20) vs Sri Lanka, 2010
- Biggest total chased: India chased 95 vs West Indies, in 2019
- Lowest Score Defended: New Zealand defended 120 vs Sri Lanka in 2010
- Lauderhill Florida Stadium average 1st innings score in T20I: 164
- Lauderhill Florida Stadium average 2nd innings total in T20I: 123
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Sunil Narine (WI) – 4/12 vs New Zealand, 2012
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Curtis Campher (IRE) – 4/25 vs USA, 2021
- Highest score by a batsman: KL Rahul (IND) – 110*(51) vs West Indies, 2016
Lauderhill Florida Cricket Stadium Pitch Report
In the past matches in Lauderhill Florida pitch, it has been seen that the batters enjoy the play in the first innings. However, as the game progresses, the pitch becomes slow and during the second innings, batters find it hard to play strokes. This is the reason, there is a big difference in first innings and second innings average scores.
The ground usually witnesses high-scoring games. It is going to be the same kind of surface during upcoming IND vs WI games. A score of 200 also seems to be achievable in the 1st innings. However, teams batting second would aim to limit their opponents to a low score. With just 2 successful chases out of 14 games played at this venue, it’s evident that high totals are challenging to chase down due to the scoreboard pressure.
Lauderhill Florida Last T20 Match Scorecard
The last T20 international at the venue was played between India and West Indies in August 2022. Opting to bat, India, under the leadership of Hardik Pandya, set a target of 189 runs. Nicholas Pooran-led West Indies’ response was limited to 100 runs, with Shimron Hetmyer single-handedly contributing half of their total. Interestingly, in the second innings, all 10 wickets were taken by spinners.
India Innings: 188/7 (20)
West Indies Innings: 100/10 (15.4)
|Nicholas Pooran (c)||3(6)||0||0|