Today, Royal Challengers Bangalore will commence their IPL 2023 campaign in front of their home crowd. They will clash with 5-time champion Mumbai Indians who are also making their first outing of the season. Chinnaswamy will host its first IPL match in 4 years today. Meanwhile, fantasy game players want to know the key stats of M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru such as pitch report, IPL records and the last T20 match scorecard. Here, you can find the important T20 stats of Bangalore Cricket Stadium.
Bangalore Cricket Stadium T20I Records
So far, Bangalore Stadium has hosted 8 T20 international matches and the most recent took place in June 2022 between India vs South Africa. However, this match was affected by rain and saw no result. The venue is hosting T20 international matches since 2012 and it had also hosted 3 matches of T20 WC 2016.
- Total T20I matches played: 8
- Matches won by the team batting first: 2
- Matches won by the team batting second: 5
- No result: 1
- Highest team score while batting first: India – 202/6 (20) vs England, 2017
- Lowest team score while batting first: Sri Lanka – 122/9 (20) vs West Indies, 2016
- Biggest total chased: Australia chased 190 vs India, in 2019
- Lowest Score Defended: India defended 146 vs Bangladesh, in 2016
- Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru average score in T20I: 155
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Yuzvendra Chahal – 6/25 vs England, 2017
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 3/9 vs Pakistan, 2012
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 34 in 8 games (4.2 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 46 in 8 games (5.7 wickets per match)
- Highest score by a batsman: Glenn Maxwell – 113*(55) vs India, 2019
Chinnasway Stadium Bangalore IPL Records (2018 & 2019)
Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium Bengaluru is hosting RCB’s home games since 2008. Even the first-ever IPL match was played in this venue. No one can forget the match in which KKR’s Brendon McCullum smashed 158 runs. The last IPL match at the venue was played in 2019 as the Stadium couldn’t host games in 2020, 2021, and 2022 due to Covid.
Here, we are discussing IPL 2018 and 2019 season records at Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru as these are the most recent records and it will tell you about the pitch report here recently.
- Total IPL matches played (in 2018 and 2019): 14
- Matches won by the team batting first: 6
- Matches won by the team batting second: 7
- No Result: 1
- Highest team score while batting first: RCB – 218/6 (20) vs SRH, 2018
- Lowest team score while batting first: RCB – 149/8 (20) vs DC, 2019
- Biggest total chased: KKR chased 205 vs RCB, in 2019
- Lowest Score Defended: RCB defended 161 vs CSK, in 2019
- Bangalore Cricket Stadium average score in IPL: 184
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Yuzvendra Chahal (RCB) – 4/38 vs MI, 2019
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Kagiso Rabada (DC) – 4/21 vs RCB, 2019
- Highest score by a batsman: Sanju Samson – 92*(45) vs RCB, 2018
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 63 in 14 games (4.5 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 88 in 14 games (6.2 wickets per match)
- RCB’s win-loss record in Chinnaswamy Stadium (2018 and 2019): Played – 14, Won – 8, Lost – 5
M Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru Pitch Report
Chinnaswamy Stadium has a reputation of being a high-scoring ground all thanks to small boundaries. The average first innings score at Chinnaswamy Stadium in the 2018 and 2019 seasons was 184. However, the spin bowlers especially leg spinners play an important role here. Their role in the middle overs is going to be crucial.
Pacers can get help in the initial overs but as the match progresses, their economy rate is expected to go higher and higher. The team who chases a total tends to have an upper hand in Bengaluru Stadium. So choosing to bowl first can be considered a good option, especially in night matches as the dew factor may also play its past in the games which will start at 7:30 PM.
IPL 2023 Matches in Bangalore
Chinnaswamy Stadium Bengaluru is going to host 7 games of RCB this season. Except Punjab Kings and Sunrisers Hyderabad, other 7 teams will tour Bengaluru to play against RCB.
|2 April||RCB vs MI||7:30 PM|
|10 April||RCB vs LSG||7:30 PM|
|15 April||RCB vs DC||3:30 PM|
|17 April||RCB vs CSK||7:30 PM|
|23 April||RCB vs RR||3:30 PM|
|26 April||RCB vs KKR||7:30 PM|
|21 May||RCB vs GT||7:30 PM|
Chinnaswamy Stadium Last IPL Match Scorecard
The last T20I match at Chinnaswamy was washed by rain and saw no result. So here we are giving the last IPL match scorecard at the venue. It was the RCB vs SRH match of the IPL 2019 season. RCB won this game by 4 wickets.
|SRH : 175-7 (20)||RCB : 178-6 (19.2)|
|Kane Williamson : 70*(45)||Shimron Hetmyer : 75(47)|
|Martin Guptill : 30(23)||Gurkeerat Mann : 65(48)|
|Vijay Shankar : 27(18)||Virat Kohli : 16(7)|
|Washington Sundar : 3 – 0 – 24 – 3||Khaleel Ahmed : 4 – 0 – 37 – 3|
|Navdeep Saini : 4 – 0 – 39 – 2||Bhuvneshwar : 4 – 0 – 24 – 2|
|Yuzvendra Chahal : 4 – 0 – 24 – 1||Rashid Khan : 4 – 0 – 44 – 1|