The National Stadium Karachi will host 9 games of PSL 8 starting from the 13th of February. Here is National Stadium Karachi Pitch Report for PSL 2023 & T20 Records at Ground.
The iconic stadium of Karachi has hosted many historic games across formats in international cricket. Forget about International cricket in the previous seasons of PSL we have seen some breathtaking encounters at this venue.
The National Stadium Karachi is home to Karachi Kings so they will play all of their homes at this venue. Although the stadium is their home it hasn’t been lucky for them considering the horrific show in the last season. Karachi Kings lost all 5 of their matches at this venue last season and finished at the bottom of the table.
Karachi Kings have changed their captain Babar Azam since then and they would expect a change in their fortune as well.
National Stadium Karachi Pitch Report
It is a high-scoring wicket but the bowlers get equal purchase when they hit the right lengths. Fast bowlers get more help than spinners at this pitch. Though this surface gets slower as it gets old and the batting becomes difficult as result. The toss winners should opt to first at this venue as the records suggest.
Weather of Karachi
Karachi rarely experiences rain during this season and mostly the weather is gloomy. The temperature hovers around 30°C to 18°C with a wind speed of 19kmph.
National Stadium Karachi will host 9 matches in PSL 8
- Karachi Kings vs Peshawar Zalmi on 14th February
- Karachi Kings vs Islamabad United on 16th February
- Karachi Kings vs Quetta Gladiators on 18th February
- Karachi Kings vs Lahore Qalandars on 19th February
- Quetta Gladiators vs Peshawar Zalmi on 20th February
- Quetta Gladiators vs Lahore Qalandars on 21st February
- Peshawar Zalmi vs Islamabad United on 23rd February
- Quetta Gladiators vs Islamabad United on 24th February
- Karachi Kings vs Multan Sultans on 26th February
T20 Stats at the National Stadium Karachi
- Total Match Played: 49
- Batting First Won: 17
- Batting Second Won: 32
- Tie: 0
- Avg. Score in 1st bat: 172
- Highest Score: Islamabad United: 238/3
- Lowest Score: Karachi Kings: 113/10