Indian men’s Cricket team will commence its Asian Games campaign with quarter-final game against Nepal. It will be the first ever outing for the men in blue in the said tournament. Ruturaj Gaikwad will lead India in Hangzhou Ground with many star faces such as Shivam Dube, Rinku Singh, Yashasvi Jaiswal being the part of side. Meanwhile, fans would like to know key stats of the venue such as Pingfeng Campus Cricket Field Hangzhou pitch report, T20 records and boundary size. Here you can find everything you need to know about Hangzhou Cricket Stadium.
Hangzhou Cricket Stadium Asian Games T20 Records
So far, 9 Asian Games Men’s Cricket matches have been played at Hangzhou, one of the games set various World records. The Nepal vs Mongolia match witnessed the fastest T20I fifty (9 balls), fastest T20I century (34 balls), and the highest team total in T20I (314 runs) all thanks to small dimensions of the ground.
- Total T20I matches played in Hangzhou: 9
- Matches won by the team batting first: 5
- Matches won by the team batting second: 4
- Highest team score while batting first: Nepal – 314-3 (20) vs Mongolia
- Lowest team score while batting first: Mongolia – 60-9 (20) vs Maldives
- Biggest total chased: Hong Kong chased 127 vs Japan
- Lowest Score Defended: Singapore defended 152 vs Thailand
- Hangzhou Cricket Stadium average score in Men’s T20Is: 165
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: AG Achar (Singapore) – 4/8 vs Thailand
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Abinash Bohara (Nepal) – 6/11 vs Maldives
- Highest score by a batsman: Kushal Malia (Nepal) – 137*(50) vs Mongolia
Pingfeng Campus Cricket Field Hangzhou Pitch Report
We can expect a load of runs at Hangzhou Cricket Stadium during IND vs NEP clash. The average 1st innings score here is 165, but we should not forget that these games are played by inexperienced and low-ranked teams. Nepal has crossed the 200-run mark in their 3 games on the Hangzhou pitch. Now, they will meet India in the upcoming clash, and if they bat first they may not reach the 200-run mark again.
But if India bats first, a 200-run score can be achieved easily due to the small dimensions of the ground and Indian batters may be too much to handle for the Nepal bowlers. So, a team would look to bat first here.
Pingfeng Campus Cricket Field Hangzhou Boundary Size
The straight boundary of the ground is 68 meters long. The square boundaries measure between 63 to 65 metres. The batters can clear off and leg side boundaries easily as they are just 55 meters long.