Indian and Australian teams have arrived in Mohali to play the 1st ODI of 3-match series. The venue is going to host a 5-over international game after a hiatus of 4 years. But sadly, PCA Stadium, Mohali is not included among the grounds that will host the 2023 World Cup. Meanwhile, the upcoming IND vs AUS ODI is another chance for the fantasy game players to win. They would like to know key stats of the venue such as Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium Mohali pitch report, ODI records. Here is all you need to know about Mohali Cricket Stadium.
Mohali Cricket Stadium ODI Records
Mohali has been hosting ODI matches since 1993 and so far the ground has hosted 26 one-day international games. The venue last hosted 5 home games of Punjab Kingg during IPL 2023. Recently, Mohali Cricket Stadium has been proven to be a good chasing surface as 5 times in the last 6 ODIs, the batting second side has tasted the win.
- Total ODI matches played: 26
- Matches won by the team batting first: 15
- Matches won by the team batting second: 11
- Highest team score while batting first: India – 392-4 (50) vs Sri Lanka, 2017
- Lowest team score while batting first: Sri Lanka – 122-10 (20) vs India, 2005
- Biggest total chased: Australia chased 358 vs India, in 2019
- Lowest Score Defended: Australia defended 207 vs West Indies, in 1996
- Mohali Cricket Stadium average 1st innings score in ODI: 265
- Mohali Cricket Stadium average 2nd innings score in ODI: 228
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Shane Warne (AUS) – 4/36 vs West Indies, 1996
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Makhaya Ntini (SA) – 5/21 vs Pakistan, 2006
- Highest score by a batsman: Rohit Sharma – 208*(153) vs Sri Lanka, 2017
Punjab Cricket Association IS Bindra Stadium Mohali Pitch Report
Punjab Cricket Association Mohali pitch is one of the best surfaces to bat on in India. An average 1st innings score of 265 proves batters enjoy their time here. A score of 300 is possible on any day at Mohali. If you remember, in 2017, Rohit Sharma had notched up 208 runs in the PCA Stadium pitch against Sri Lanka.
The team who will the Toss during IND vs AUS match is expected to bowl first as the dew factor can play a role during the 2nd innings. Dew is expected to help the teams who will bat second. Dew makes the ball wet and bowlers find it hard to grip. Also, the chasing side has a better success rate here.