The Pallekele leg of LPL 2023 has now rounded up with some absolutely thrilling games. The caravan will now move back to the R Premadasa Stadium of Colombo where the finals of the tournament will take place. Here is R Premadasa Stadium Colombo Pitch Report for LPL 2023.
The first half of the LPL 2023 has been full of some exciting matches in which B-Love Kandy managed to gain the most points. Dambulla Aura is tieing with the same points as the league leaders B-Love Kandy who are having 6 points.
However, the last phase of the LPL 2023 can prove beneficial for the Colombo side who are sitting in fourth position. The Colombo Strikers will play the last three matches of their league stage in Colombo which can be very useful for them.
Matches to be played in R Premadasa Stadium
- Dambulla Aura vs Galle Titans on 11 August
- Jaffna Stallions vs B-Love Kandy on 12th August
- Dambulla Aura vs Colombo Strikers on 12th August
- Jaffna Kings vs Galle Titans on 13th August
- Colombo Strikers vs B-Love Kandy on 13th August
- B-Love Kandy vs Dambulla Aura on 14th August
- Colombo Strikers vs Galle Titans on 15th August
- Qualifier 1 on 17th August
- Eliminator on 17th August
- Qualifier 2 on 19th August
- Final on 20th August
R Premadasa Stadium Colombo Pitch Report
The R. Premadasa International Cricket Stadium, situated in Colombo, the wicket out here known for its diverse behavior. A T20 match at this venue promises a mix of challenges for batsmen and bowlers alike. The pitch tends to offer assistance to spinners as the game progress. However, early on, batsmen can relish the true bounce and pace.
The toss winner would like to bowl first at this wicket considering the weather as later on there is always a hint of dew. Chasing at this venue is always a good idea considering the win/lose ratio team batting first and bowling first.
Colombo Weather forecast
It’s going to be a cloudy few days in the Sri Lankan capital in which we might see a bit of passing showers. However, the rain won’t affect any game of the tournament as the weather forecast suggests. The temperature will vary from 28 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees with a speed of approximately 16kmph.
R Premadasa Stats in T20s
- Total Match Played: 34
- Batting First Won: 18
- Batting Second Won: 16
- Tie: 0
- Avg. Score in 1st bat: 149
- Highest Score: Jaffna Kings 207/6
- Lowest Score: Dambulla Giants 69/10