Rajasthan Royals’ primary home ground Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur is going to host its 2nd match of the season. Tonight, RR is going to host MS Dhoni-led CSK and it’s going to be the 8th match for both sides this season. Meanwhile, fantasy game players would like to know key stats of Swai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur such as pitch report, T20 records and the last IPL match scorecard at the venue. In this article, you can find information about Jaipur Cricket Stadium which you may find helpful.
CSK will firm their playoffs chances with a win today as they will retain the top position with 12 points. On the other hand, if Rajasthan wins tonight then they will equal CSK and GT’s tally with 10 points. Both teams will meet for the 2nd time this season, the first game was held in Chepauk which was won by Sanju Samson-led side by just 3 runs.
Talking about the Jaipur Cricket Stadium, it’s going to host the 2nd IPL game this year after RR vs LSG clash. This year 5 home games of the Rajasthan franchise are scheduled to play at this venue while two of their home games were played in Guwahati.
Sawai Mansingh Stadium T20 Records
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur is hosting international matches since 1987, however, only one men’s T20 international match has been played here to date. The game was between India and New Zealand way back in 2021, which was won by the men in blue by 5 wickets.
- Total T20I matches played: 1
- Matches won by the team batting first: 0
- Matches won by the team batting second: 1
- Highest team score while batting first: New Zealand – 164/6 (20) vs India, 2021
- Biggest total chased: India chased 164 vs New Zealand, in 2021
- Lowest Score Defended: No score defended in men’s T20 internationals
- Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur average score in T20I: 164
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: R Ashwin – 2/23 vs New Zealand, 2021
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Bhuvneshwar Kumar – 2/24 vs New Zealand, 2021
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 3 in 1 game (3 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 8 in 1 game (8 wickets per match)
- Highest score by a batsman: Martin Guptill – 70(42) vs India, 2021
Jaipur Cricket Stadium IPL Records (2019-2023)
This year, Jaipur is hosting IPL matches after the 2019 season. In 2019, the venue had hosted 7 games while this year only one game has been played here so far. So here are the records of these 8 games which will give you a clear picture of the Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur pitch.
- Total IPL matches played (2019-2023): 8
- Matches won by the team batting first: 2
- Matches won by the team batting second: 6
- Highest team score while batting first: RR – 191/6 (20) vs DC, 2019
- Lowest team score while batting first: RR – 139/3 (20) vs KKR, 2019
- Biggest total chased: DC chased 191 vs RR, 2019
- Lowest Score Defended: LSG defended 154 vs RR, in 2023
- Jaipur Cricket Stadium average score in IPL: 162
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Shreyas Gopal (RR) – 3/11 vs RCB, 2019
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Avesh Khan (LSG) – 3/25 vs RR, 2023
- Highest score by a batsman: Ajinkya Rahane – 105(63) vs DC, 2019
- Total wickets taken by spinners: 28 in 8 games (3.5 wickets per match)
- Total wickets taken by pacers: 45 in 8 games (5.6 wickets per match)
Sawai Mansingh Stadium Jaipur Pitch Report
Sawai Mansingh Stadium has a slow surface which usually favors bowlers. In recent IPL games, the average 1st innings score here has been 162 which is lower than other venues of the league. The pacers are expected to get help in the initial overs during RR vs CSK match.
The ground has big boundaries, so, scoring runs is going to be tough here. So, the batting side would want to take full advantage in the power play.
Bowling first can be considered a wise decision when playing at Sawai Mansingh Stadium’s pitch. Usually, teams chasing a total win more games at Jaipur. However, in the last game, LSG managed to defend 154 as RR batters played slow.
IPL 2023 Matches at Jaipur
After RR vs CSK match today, 3 more games of the season will take place at Sawai Mansingh Stadium.
|19 April||RR vs LSG||7:30 PM|
|27 April||RR vs CSK||7:30 PM|
|5 May||RR vs GT||7:30 PM|
|7 May||RR vs SRH||7:30 PM|
|14 May||RR vs RCB||3:30 PM|
Jaipur Stadium Last IPL Match Scorecard
As mentioned earlier, Jaipur hosted RR vs LSG match on April 19. It was a low-scoring game which was won by the visitors all thanks to their exceptional bowling while defending 154.
|LSG: 154/7 (20)||RR : 144/6 (20)|
|Kyle Mayers : 51(42)||Yashasvi Jaiswal : 44(35)|
|KL Rahul : 39(32)||Jos Buttler : 40(41)|
|Nicholas Pooran : 29(20)||Devdutt Padikkal : 26(21)|
|R Ashwin : 4 – 0 – 23 – 2||Avesh Khan : 4 – 0 – 25 – 3|
|Trent Boult : 4 – 1 – 16 – 1||Marcus Stoinis : 4 – 0 – 28 – 2|
|Sandeep Sharma : 4 – 0 – 32 – 1|