Afghanistan and Pakistan are set to play a 3-match T20 international series starting on the 24th of March. The series will be played at a neutral venue for both teams. Sharjah Cricket Ground will once again host a T20 match between these two teams. Here is Sharjah Cricket Stadium Pitch Report for PAK vs AFG T20 series.
The last time these two teams faced each other was in the 2022 Asia Cup Super 4 game. It was a nail-biting encounter at the Sharjah Cricket Stadium which ended in favor of Pakistan by 1 wicket. In the same match, Asif Ali and Fareed Ahmad engaged in a fight which made the situation even tenser.
Afghanistan has never played a T20 series against Pakistan and it will be only the 4th time when these two teams will collide.
AFG vs PAK T20I Series 2023 Schedule
1st T20I AFG vs PAK on 24th of March at 9:30 PM (IST)
2nd T20I AFG vs PAK on 26th of March at 9:30 PM (IST)
3rd T20I AFG vs PAK on 27th of March at 9:30 PM (IST)
Sharjah Cricket Stadium Pitch Report for PAK vs AFG T20
It is a high-scoring venue where bowlers get some of the biggest nightmares of their careers. The wicket out here is mostly flat and the fast bowlers barely have anything, especially in the first innings. Adding to this the short boundaries of the stadium make it even worse for the bowlers to bowl at this venue.
The pitch will be an absolute belter for the first couple of matches. It is a kind of wicket that gets sluggish over time and spinners enjoy bowling at this surface. The toss winners should opt to bat first on this wicket and post a big score on board.
Sharjah Weather Forecast during AFG vs PAK T20 series
There is pleasant and cloudy weather in Sharjah city these days. The temperature will fluctuate between 29°C to 26°C with a wind speed of around 18kmph.
Sharjah Cricket Ground T20I Records
- Total T20I matches played: 29
- Matches won by the team batting first: 16
- Matches won by the team batting second: 12
- Matches tied/no result: 1
- Highest team score while batting first: Afghanistan – 215-6 (20) vs Zimbabwe, 2016
- Lowest team score: Hong Kong – 38-10 (10.4) vs Pakistan, 2022
- Biggest total chased: Sri Lanka chased 185 vs Sri Lanka, in 2022.
- Lowest Score Defended: West Indies defended 142 vs Bangladesh, in 2021.
- Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah average score in T20I: 151
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Samiullah Shinwari – 5-13 vs Kenya, 2013
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Hamis Hassan – 4/22 vs Scotland, 2013
- Highest score by a batsman: Mohammad Shahzad – 118*(67) vs Zimbabwe, 2016
AFG vs PAK Head to Head in T20Is
These two teams have faced each other only thrice in the history of T20 cricket in which Pakistan has won on all three occasions. It will be a golden opportunity for Rashid Khan and his men to defeat Pakistan for the first time ever.
Sharjah Cricket Stadium Last T20 Match Scorecard
The last T20I match at Sharjah was played in September 2022 between Pakistan and Afghanistan. It was a high-voltage Asia Cup clash in which Naseem Shah hit a six to win the game for Pakistan by 1 wicket. As, the game was played in used pitch, it turned out to be a low-scoring match.
|Afghanistan : 129-6 (20)||Pakistan : 131-9 (19.2)|
|Ibrahim Zadran : 35(37)||Shadab Khan : 36(26)|
|Hazratullah Zazai : 21(17)||Iftikhar Ahmed : 30(33)|
|Rashid Khan : 18(15)||Mohammad Rizwan : 20(26)|
|Haris Rauf : 4 – 0 – 26 – 2||Fareed Ahmad : 4 – 0 – 31 – 3|
|Naseem Rauf : 4 – 0 – 19 – 1||Fazalhaq Farooqi : 3.2 – 0 – 31 – 3|
|Mohammad Nawaz : 4 – 0 – 23 – 1||Rashid Khan : 4 – 0 – 25 – 2|