The inaugural season of the entirely new concept of cricket starts on July 21. The cricketing world will see a new and exciting format of the game in the form of The Hundred. The Hundred is a hundred-ball per innings cricket contest, the Inaugural season of which is to be played at England & Wales. In this article, you’ll get to know about The Hundred 2021 Live Telecast in India.
The concept of The Hundred is brought up by the England and Wales Cricket Board. The board aims to make the sport more exciting and engaging for the masses. Shortening the duration of the match and fusing it with high-intensity entertainment makes it more eventful for today’s fast-paced life.
A total of eight men’s and women’s teams will feature in the competition, namely – Manchester Originals, Birmingham Phoenix, Southern Brave, Northern Superchargers, Oval Invincibles, Trent Rockets, London Spirit, Welsh Fire.
Each team will play 8 matches each in the league stage, 4 home matches and four away. The playoffs will follow the 32 league games.
The Hundred Live Telecast in India :
The Hundred has no Live TV broadcasters in India. Although no channel will telecast The Hundred live in India, you can stream the tournament online. India’s premier digital sports app, FanCode, will broadcast the England and Wales Cricket Board’s (ECB) new 100-ball cricket competition. FanCode has bagged the exclusive 4-year broadcasting rights for The Hundred in India.
As any other online streaming platform, FanCode as well is a paid platform. FanCode will provide two options to the Indian fans to watch The Hundred Live, in the form of match passes and tour passes.
The Hundred Live Telecast TV channel in India: None
Online Streaming: FanCode
Start Time of matches: 1:00 PM, 11:30 PM, and 3:30 AM IST
Venue: Various grounds in England and Wales
Dates: July 21 to August 21
Live telecast in Pakistan: As of now, no Broadcaster in Pakistan has bought the rights to broadcast The Hundred in Pakistan. Also, there is no news of the online streaming of the competition in Pakistan.
New rules in The Hundred :
- 100 balls per innings
- A 25-ball powerplay starts to the batting team.
- The fielding side changes ends after 10 balls
- A bowler can deliver a maximum of 20 balls per match, bowl 5 to 10 consecutive balls based on the captain’s decision.
- Each bowling side gets a strategic timeout of up to 2.5 at any point after the powerplay.
- The coaches can enter into the ground and discuss tactics with players mid-match
- Each match of The Hundred will last two and a half hours
- Two fielders outside of the initial 30-yard circle during the power play
- If a team is short with their over-rate, the team will have to play with one less fielder outside the 30-yard circle as a penalty.
- DRS will be used and the third umpire will monitor No-ball
- For tied matches, each team will get one point each while in the eliminator and final teams will play ‘Super five’