After clinching the 4-match Test series by 2-1, Rohit Sharma and his troops are set for the ODI challenge. This will be Australia’s first one-day series in India since January 2020. The Iconic Wankhede Stadium is going to host the series opener. It has been 3 years since Wankhede has hosted an ODI. Meanwhile, fantasy players are looking for the stats of Wankhede Stadium Mumbai including the pitch report, ODI records and last match scorecard at the ground. In this space, you will find the key information about the upcoming IND vs AUS ODI at Wankhede Cricket Stadium.
Wankhede Stadium Mumbai Pitch Report
The stadium is hosting one-day international games since 1987, however, it has hosted only 22 men’s ODI games so far. Talking about the pitch report of Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, it has a reputation for being a high-scoring venue. If we look at the past ODI records at the Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, defending a total has not been easy here. Bowling in the 2nd innings may not be easy as the dew factor can play a part.
So, during IND vs AUS, a wise decision after winning the toss will be choosing to bowl first. The curators create a solid surface here where pacers get good bounce, which also helps batters time the shot easily.
Wankhede Stadium Mumbai Men’s ODI Records
In the past 27 ODI games in Mumbai Cricket Stadium, 12 games were won by the batting first side while on 10 occasions the chasing side emerged victorious. But we should not forget that these records also include the results of 2000s games when the Wankhede pitch used to be a bit different. Recently, the chasing side has had more chances of winning here.
- Total ODI matches played: 23
- Matches won by the team batting first: 12
- Matches won by the team batting second: 10
- Highest team score while batting first: South Africa – 438-4 (50) vs India, 2015
- Lowest team score while batting first: Bangladesh – 115-10 (36.5) vs India, 1998
- Biggest total chased: New Zealand chased 280 vs India, in 2017.
- Lowest Score Defended: West Indies 192 vs India, in 1994.
- Wankhede Stadium Mumbai average score in ODI: 240
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Murali Kartik – 6/27 vs Australia, 2007
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Winston Benjamin – 5/22 vs Sri Lanka, 1993
Wankhede Cricket Stadium Last ODI Match Scorecard
The last ODI at the venue was played between India and Australia in January 2020. The Aussie side had shown complete dominance as while batting first they restricted the hosts at only 255 runs and chased the target without losing any wicket.
|Virat Kohli (c)||16(14)||0||1|