India and West Indies are set to commence their WTC 2023-23 campaign with a 2-match series. Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica will host the opening Test match starting July 12. The venue is going to host first red-ball match since 2017. Here we are going to inform about Windsor Park Dominica pitch report and Test records ahead of IND vs WI 1st Test.
Dominica Cricket Stadium was established in 2007 and hosted its first ever international match in 2009, an ODI between West Indies and Bangladesh. While, the venue hosted its first ever Test in 2011 and so far, it has hosted 5 Tests, the most recent took place in 2017.
Roseau Dominica Stadium Test Records
In 5 Tests at Windsor Park Dominica pitch, the chasing side emerged victorious only once. We usually see a load of runs in Test cricket but Test matches in Domica have never witnessed a 400-run total. The highest score at the venue is 381 which was set by West Indies in the 2nd innings.
- Total matches played: 5
- Matches won by the team batting first: 3
- Matches won by the team batting second: 1
- Matches ended on a draw: 1
- Highest team score in 1st innings: Pakistan – 376/10 (146.3) vs West Indies, 2017
- Highest team score in 2nd innings: West Indies – 381/8 (117) vs Zimbabwe, 2013
- Highest team score in 3rd innings: West Indies – 322/10 (131.3) vs India, 2011
- Highest team score in 4th innings: West Indies – 294/10 (96.3) vs Australia, 2012
- Lowest team score while batting 1st: West Indies – 148/10 (53.5) vs Australia, 2015
- Lowest team score while batting 2nd: West Indies – 218/10 (87.2) vs Australia, 2012
- Lowest team score while batting 3rd: Zimbabwe – 141/10 (42.2) vs West Indies, 2013
- Lowest team score while batting 4th: Australia – 47/1 (5) vs West Indies, 2015
- Average 1st innings total: 246
- Average 2nd innings total: 302
- Average 3rd innings total: 222
- Average 4th innings total: 159
- Best bowling figures for a spinner: Devendra Bishoo (WI) – 6/80 vs Australia, 2015
- Best bowling figures for a pacer: Mohammad Abbas (PAK) – 5/46 vs West Indies, 2017
- Highest score by a batsman: Adam Voges (AUS) – 130*(332) vs West Indies, 2015
Windsor Park Dominica Pitch Report
Dominica Stadium pitch has remained bowling friendly in the past. The pacers are expected to get a good pace and bounce in first two days. As West Indies Cricket uses Duke balls which remain hard for long time, the pacers can get help for longer intervals. The pitch of Windsor Park Dominica will become slow as the first two days will pass. Spinners will play their role and they are expected to bag most of the wickets in the later part of the game. If we look at the Windsor Park, Roseau, Dominica pitch report for IND vs WI Test, team winning the toss should bat first.
Windsor Park Dominica Weather Forecast during IND vs WI Test
As per Accuweather report, on 1st Day, the weather will be mostly cloudy with 55% chances of precipitation. The report suggests that there are almost no chances of rain on 3rd and 4th day. Accuweather predicts 68% chances of rain during the final day of the match.